Create time blocks and geofences, so you can monitor your vehicles’ movements with ease. You can be notified if your vehicle is moved without your authorisation or has made it to a customer.
at a glance
- Through Geofencing, get notified when your fleet moves in or out of a certain area when, a vehicle has returned to the company premises or has reached a certain customer.
- Through Timefencing, (a time-based parameter) get notified if one of your vehicles has been moved during a certain time period — keep your drivers within HOS regulations.
- Combine Geofencing and Timefencing notifications — be notified about special deliveries or feel confident parking your vehicles on the street.
- The motion detectors are triggered by GPS data from the Vimcar dongle. You can find more information on the functionality and installation here.
- Privacy and data protection are important to us. Motion detectors for private-use company cars can only be created and received by the individual employee to whom the vehicle is assigned.
For every motion detector created, you can decide whether alerts are triggered for a certain area, time period or a combination of the two.
With the Geofencing feature, draw a map or create a radius around an address. You can then set the alerts to be triggered by the vehicle leaving or entering the zone. Once you’ve created a geofence or timefence alarm, name it, and add as many vehicles to it as you need.
For time-based and mixed motion detectors, the parameters are flexible. You can create notifications based on weekdays or the start/end times of a shift. It’s all up to you.
All of the alarms created, including names, creation dates and number of vehicles, are presented in an easy-to-navigate way. You can decide whether to receive alerts via email or push notifications. If you need to, these settings can even be edited, paused or deleted at any time.
Vimcar Fleet Day-to-day:
Stay a step ahead
of your fleet
Things are always moving quickly so it is important to be informed as soon as possible of deliveries, customer visits and unauthorized vehicle movements.
As a theft protection device, Geofencing and Time Alerts immediately provide a warning when a vehicle is moved unexpectedly.
Receive a notification when:
- A vehicle leaves or enters a defined area
- A vehicle leaves or enters a defined area within, a certain time period
- A vehicle is moved within or outside of a certain time period”
Informational Material on Vimcar
Find out more now!
Vimcar Fleet expert advice.
Get advice now!
Geofencing and Timefencing for business:
How Vimcar can improve your bottom line
Go above and beyond whilst avoiding unexpected costs:
As a company, if you have a high-priority client or an important delivery/collection, you can be alerted when that special task has been completed. This can be done through the Geofencing feature. Simply Create a Geofence around the location of a certain customer or address and be notified accordingly. Geofencing, as a result, allows you to send a confirmation (whether that be internal or external) so your company can go above and beyond when it matters most and strengthen their customer service.
Another important aspect of Geofencing and Timefencing is the ability it gives businesses to avoid large, unexpected costs. Save time and money by protecting your fleet against thievery. Create a Geofenced parameter around your company premises and customise a Timefence so you know when a vehicle is unexpectedly leaving the office, outside of business hours. You can also create a Timefence to ensure drivers don’t break HOS regulations, and avoid thousands of pounds of fines.