The Vimcar dongle
There are four simple steps you’ll have to follow to install the Vimcar Dongle into your vehicle (just consult the instructions sent with your dongle). Before this you should:
- Create your account
- Download the Vimcar app or open the web version
- Create a 'vehicle' in your user account
Throughout your installation, we will provide you with direct contact with a member of our team and a free onboarding session.
Any questions? Just send us a message: firstname.lastname@example.org
The onboard diagnosis interface for vehicles with a combustion engine is standardised across the UK and EU. Typically it can be found in the top right of the footwell. If not, check the following:
- The central console area
- The area above the central console
- The area under the dashboard, directly behind the steering column
- In between the steering column and the central console
- On the right, between the steering column and the central console
- On the left, between the steering column and the central console
- Inside or underneath the glove compartment
If in doubt, the car’s user manual should tell you where the interface is positioned.
If you are still having trouble, just contact email@example.com.
The Vimcar Box
It only takes a few minutes to install the Vimcar Box - just follow the steps in the manual provided with your hardware. Before attaching the box to your battery, please create a user account. This can be done in the Vimcar app or desktop version. Once you have saved a ‘vehicle’ in your user account, you can start with your installation!
Switch off the engine and then follow steps 4 and 5 in your manual. You’ll need a spanner or socket spanner (depending on the screws in your vehicle).
The battery is usually found in the engine compartment. To reach it, open the bonnet and, if present, the cover of the car battery.
Other locations of the battery:
- Under the driver’s seat
- Under the passenger’s seat
If you cannot find the battery, have a look in your car’s user manual. In the unlikely event that your battery is covered by other vehicle parts, please contact a mechanic.